Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My first week.

So this time last week I was sighing for relief as my family left me in my dorm for the first time. And now I'm sighing for relief that my math homework is finally done. Phew! So now I finally know what college life is like... a lot of scheduling and time management. So far I'm doing well. Not homesick at all. I thought that hearing the voices of my grandmother and baby cousins on the phone would bring me to tears but it hasn't. And I'm glad. I have no time scheduled in for sadness. So far most of my activities have been things hosted by black fraternities in partnership with the AIM and PAACT program at school. Things like cookouts, tours, pool parties, clubs, and talent shows. My schedule has been filled with multiples of each. Last night I went to Flavet field and watched the fireworks... and even got a picture with Clifford the BIG I repeat BIG red dog... that I am clearly bigger than.


Clifford turned out to be an almost 15 year old boy. lol. If you look closely you can see his head on the right.


Although I'm never there, I love my dorm room. I'm very relaxed when I'm there.

I'm glad I'm seeing the truth about college and what things are myths and what not. Time management is key, there's really no need for a television unless you're sick, 2 meals a day are standard, and there's no reason to be bored or not meet someone. I think I meet 3423432432 new people everyday! More later in about another week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're wonderful and we miss you!

We're so glad to hear that you're doing well!