Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chicago... here I come... hopefully!

I am writing to tell you of a wonderful opportunity I have to serve God and the Chicago community through InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, which I have been involved in this semester at the University of Florida. Since seeing the work that God has done in my life and on my campus, God has given me a heart for helping those that are in need both here in Gainesville and around the world. For our coming spring break (March 8-13), InterVarsity at UF is giving college students the chance to participate in a Mission Trip to the inner city of Chicago, IL.

This past weekend the colleges in the north Florida chapter of InterVarsity came together and put together an offering for students that were trying to start their own interVarsity Christian fellowship in Guatemala. In that one day students gave generously and $1,100 dollars were raised on behalf of the students in Guatemala.

Knowing what a difference God and this organization can do overseas we are very excited to help out our neighbors in our own country.


Over Spring Break, I will work alongside Circle Urban Ministries and The Rock of Our Salvation Free Church in Chicago. The programs will consist of working with children in an after school environment or cleaning assignments. The purpose of this trip is to glorify the Lord in worship, learning, and service; to be transformed by the Word and the Spirit; to see the city well served; and to see our campuses renewed and world changers developed.


In order to participate in this opportunity, I must raise $473 for the airfare and expenses by March 1st. Because the date is only a few weeks away, I urgently need help with the funding to go. Would you consider giving a gift of $25, $50, or $100?

As I was just presented with this opportunity, the timing is urgent. In order to commit that I am going, I must have the money in hand very soon. If you would like to partner with me in reaching out to the inner city of Chicago please send your support and prayers.

Sincerely,

Danielle ______

http://www.cupivcf.org/



2 comments:

mommykoo said...

Hey I still haven't received your email about this. I checked it today. I will ask Phill

Danielle said...

Well that's what's in the email exactly.