Saturday, December 15, 2007

I kind of like this season...

I think my theme song for the whole fall semester would be any Mat Kearney song... ahhhh I just love pensive, sad sounding-but not necessarily sad songs. And his show was spectacular. Just amazing. I know... why am I still thinking about it huh? That good!

I'm glad I'm single. I like me a lot. I've seen some friends that can't bare to be alone and its sad to me. It's like "You really don't think your good enough on your own?" I hope I never feel like I need someone else to validate my worth. And I really pray that I never put a mere mortal man that makes mistakes up on such a pedestal that I push my heavenly father aside for him. Granted these girls don't have much of a relationship with Christ but it's like nowadays people just can't believe that God would want to have anything to do with them. It's sad that there is such a lack of self esteem.

So I said I'm glad I'm single right? Well it's pretty much because I like how I learn new stuff about myself all the time. Plus with the little time I have I can spend it doing what I want to do.

Christmas is coming up. I went to church 3 times in the past 7 days. It's a lot when back up at school I went to church like 3 times the whole semester. It was fun though. We had a Christmas party last night which was great and I ended up bringing some sparkling grape juice. It was amazing. I really don't enjoy alcohol, at least the ones I've tried. So the grape juice was great. I mean... not that I'm of age or anything to drink or like I've had that many chances...mostly family parties and such.

I'm soooo old now that my list is pretty much obsolete. I bought my mom a bunch of little things. A dvd for two of my baby cousins. That's about it. I'm asking for the chronological bible, an extra battery for my laptop, and a few other little things. I think the whole college thing and pretty much buying stuff whenever you have the means and not having to wait kind of makes Christmas less of a selfish holiday like it has been in the past for me.

1 comment:

Kate McDonald said...

are you asking for a chronological Bible for Engage the journey 2008? If so, that'd be so cool!

Glad you are making the most of your singleness...so many don't.