Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ahhh the memories...

So, I used to be in love with the Backstreet Boys. I was obsessed. Before B2k and after Michael Jackson, somewhere around the same time as Usher (but eventually they won my heart. It was about the time when Usher got a little too explicit in his act. I was like "woah buddy, I'm only in 3rd grade..." but that's another story.) The backstreet boys self-titles album was the first cd I ever bought. In third grade I remember kids first getting cd players so I had finally gotten my mom to buy me one and in search for some music I remember the perfectly displayed backstreet boys cd stand. Ahhhhhh. The picture to my left is a (in Borat's voice) VERY NICE picture of the boys.
I first remember them like the picture down below and then the second one by their second album Millenium.

I guess I'm writing about them because it's so crazy that something I had chosen to like 10-11 years ago is something I can still listen to now and the stuff I like during my later years sounds annoying now. I played all of my music out from the moment I first got the BSB cd to the stuff I have now. I tend to get so into one artist that I have to hear every song over and over until I know it and analyze it and picture it in my head and...
It's crazy, I know.
BSB is a little constant in my life that stays good. Something I can count on in ten years to sound good. I'll probably be going to their concerts when I have kids and they'll be like the band that all the moms go to...

Now I'm just rambling and making no sense. I just wanted to document my rediscovering and of course state that God is Amazing and the BIGGEST Constant you can count on. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.

No comments: