Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cleaning... Grey's Anatomy...Free tuition,,,Crush Free

So today I planned on cleaning my room and exercising. 1 out of 2 aint bad. I ended up cleaning my room while watching the complete 1st season of Grey's anatomy. Sweet. I watched the whole season and still wasn't finished cleaning. I even dusted my fan. I mean this was definitely SPRING cleaning. I cleaned my closet. I usually just stuff everything in there. So yesterday I found out that I'm getting my summer tuition paid for by UF because I'm in the AIM program. Or will be in. That's really cool. Ah-mazing! So. I'm pretty much over my crush that I had for like a year. He's still an awesome dude but the whole...nervous "I want to throw up everytime I see your face" in a good way nerves are gone. Isn't that crazy that even though they're gone I still see him as a good guy?? I usually see it work out for the worse after that period. I pretty much figured we won't be together anytime soon because of college choices and for the fact that I don't want to date someone just for the heck of it. We can be friends and hang out sure. But anything more? Why? Yea. I guess I'm guarding my heart, and my mind, and my feelings.

So yesterday I'm in first block and this kid is talking about a distinguished night club he wants to open up in the future so the conversation switches to what clubs people have been in in the grove area. Everyone's talking about their clubbing experience and I'm just sitting and taking it all in. He turns to me and he's like "have you ever been?" and I'm like "No. I don't club... yet." And he asked me "What do you do?" And I mean I just shrugged. I mean I hang out with college aged or mature kids and we don't club. We do things like go out to eat, go to the movies, go to the beach and have a picnic. And when they want to go clubbing I'm usually finding something else to do. Just not my scene right now.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this "wisdom" gift. But I guess I just know when I'm not ready for stuff. I'm aware of my awkwardness and how I come off to people. I usually look at this girls talking about clubbing and make comments in my mind that a mother would. I'm an old lady that way... especially since my bed time is like 7 and I drink tea. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your blogs I feel like it's a great mystery. I love the fact that I don't know who this guy you like is!

It's wonderful to see a girl like you, responsible, morally right, and obedient. These are rare traits.

I'm glad you don't club, you aren't missing much. The first time I went, I was like... "That's it?" I didn't find it to be all that. First of all, I won't date anybody there. I'm pretty sure it's hard to find a Christian there who follows Christ whole heartedly. Second, what's so cool about drinking? The last time I remember is a friend of mine tossed into a pool, with puke all over his mouth and girl. Third, it's definitely overrated. Although it's great to dance, and chill, I find it loud, and annoying most of the time.

We need more girls like you who are "wise".