Friday, October 17, 2008

It's been a while...


I've kind of been spending time, whatever I have of it __________- well I actually don't know what I've been doing. I've been going to class, working on projects... We're working on this project in my architorture class based on the city of Venice, Italy. I'd rather go there to learn than have to infer from pictures and maps.

Other than that I've been cherishing the time when I've gone home before 3am (my breaking point.) Like last night, I got home a little after midnight and decided to decorate my dorm door with halloween decor. I'll put up a picture later. Then I bought Christmas lights just to hang up in my room.

Last weekend I moved my room around and now I feel all free and uncramped in it. I mean it's still a dorm room but atleast my bed is against the window and it leaves a whole area in the middle for walking around. :-).

I've noticed that college is on a whole different time zone from regular aged people. Especially in my program. I see people get as close in a week as it would take people outside of college to do in months.

We stay up till all hours of the next morning, complain together, encourage eachother, fight, get coffee together, go to class together, and work on our projects.

Relationships in college get serious fast.

With the situation I was in I was feeling like the relationship had been months long and it had only been 2 weeks. Not that it was a relationship or anything. lol.

Anyway, I got the new Ray Lamontagne album on Tuesday from Itunes. I'm still listening to it. I had heard "You are the best thing" a week or two ago and loved it.

So tonight I'm going to go see the secret life of bees, tomorrow a picnic with other interior design majors, sunday church and soulfest.... aswell as having to work on three projects due tuesday.

2 comments:

Kate McDonald said...

want to hear what you think of the movie- we are going to see it tonight:)

Kate McDonald said...

I am glad you liked it too.. I thought Alicia Keyes was great- my mom is such a feeler- I think she couldn't relate to that character. I loved May... Yeah I totally cried when Dakota was talking to August and told her what had happened to her mom- GUT WRENCHING