Saturday, January 5, 2008

Engage the Journey 08


So along with getting in shape and getting great grades in 08 I have also pledged to read the bible chronologically in one year. So far so good.

So today I read through Genesis 15, 16, and 17. It was about God's promise to Abram. God told Abram that he'd bless him but Abram was all "What good are blessings If I don't have descendants to carry them on" and what not. So God promised him a son but Abram didn't really believe him because him and his wife Sarai had tried to have kids but she couldn't. So yeah... God promised him that he would be the "father of many" and that he would have more descendants then the stars in the sky.

I really like finding out name meanings... in today's reading I found out that Ishmael means "God hears" and El-Shaddai means "God Almighty."

Another verse that stuck out to me was when God said "serve me faithfully and live a blameless life." A couple of weeks ago over break my home church's youth group went over the "blameless" issue that came up in proverbs.

I'm a little tired now so I'm going to be taking a nap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember when I was in college my SAturdays were like that..I'd turn up Shane and Shane's first album (how funny is that) and sing to myself, clean the house, and do my laundry. I can't tell you how much I looked forward to those times alone!

So glad you are joining the journey!

Kate